Here in OAK, our primary rule is that we want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves while playing the game. As such, our cardinal rules concern behavior, first and foremost. Violating these rules will prompt a discussion with an officer; repeated violations can lead to removal from the guild. By Submitting this application, you are stating you have read and are agreeing to these conditions.
1. All guild members are expected to be respectful and polite when dealing with other members of the community. Griefing, interfering with other players, and otherwise being a jerk is not permitted.
2. Humor is welcome! If someone speaks up that they are not comfortable with the humor, please be respectful and take it to a group chat or whispers or simply stop and change the discussion. The same respect will be given to you if you speak up.
3. The topics of Religion and Politics are asked to be kept to civil discussion and spoken without prejudice or insult. We are all adults, please keep conversation on an adult level. This rule may change if it is found that people are simply incapable of handling the topics properly. However, it is also advised that these topics simply be avoided or kept to private chat.
4. Adult language in guild chat is permitted within reason. Any Racial slurs or comments should be avoided as these tend to cause controversy.
5. All players are expected to treat officers and other guild members with respect and politeness.
All players are expected to show up before guild events at least ten minutes before the designated start time. That doesn't mean you need to be in the right spot and waiting for ten minutes, but you should be online and have any and all prerequisite content completed beforehand.
In the event that you fail to complete prerequisite content before an event, the organizer and/or officers have the right to remove you from the group and bring someone else. Similarly, if you are more than ten minutes late to a guild event, the organizer and/or officers have the right to start the event without you and may not allow you to join the event if there is limited space in squad for a raid. People will want to join these events and there will be a back up waiting list for players that want to go but the sign up sheet was already filled. Once your spot is taken by a back up, we will not remove the back up for you to attend. If you know you will be late, please contact the officer or squad lead in charge of the event to effectively communicate that you will be late and to hold your position. We will only hold your position in this event for up to ten minutes at most post start time before we will fill your spot.
Non-members are allowed to attend guild events that are not guild centric or require guild sign ups. We have officers and leads that will set up open world or WvW raid squads and we welcome non guild members to come join the fun.
If circumstances will require you to be offline for an extended period of time, notify an officer ahead of time if you can. Without notifications, older characters will be removed from the guild for inactivity.
Our main focus in this guild is on fun. That means that the majority of events should correspond with that.
Your officers are:
Darren Wilkins.1643 (Co-Leader)
Officers are appointed based upon experience, ability, and trustworthiness over time. While officers have authority over other guild members, they are not "superior" to other members and should not be considered as such. The officers are subject to the same rules as other members.
If you have an issue with another guild member, please seek out an officer immediatley and ask for their help. Our officers will mediate the issue with you and the other party/ies involved to prevent any major issues from upsetting the guild as a whole. Your officers are here to help you as best they can.
If you have a problem with one of the officers, please report it to another officer promptly. This includes situations wherein an officer makes you uncomfortable or appears to be violating the rules of the guild for any reason. We strive for transparency and accountability, but we don't always succeed; let us know if we make mistakes so we can correct them in the future.
PunishmentsViolating the rules of the guild is something that we take seriously, as it can lead to hard feelings and damage overall group cohesion. In the event that someone is violating the rules of the guild, we will investigate the matter and take appropriate action, whether the player in question is an officer or not.
In the event that someone is behaving contrary to the rules, the first step is a discussion with the player in question and a notification that there is a problem. No further action will be taken, and if nothing else happens within a month the entire thing can be forgotten.
A separate or continuing incident requires further steps. Further behavior issues will be dealt with via removal from the guild.
If someone is removed from the guild due to inactivity, they may reapply and rejoin the guild with no penalty whatsoever. If someone is removed from the guild due to behavior violations, they will not be permitted to reapply in the future.